Tier 4 – Child Visa
You can apply for the Tier 4 – child visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and want to study at an independent school in the UK.
The Tier 4 – child visa is for children who are intending to study at a UK educational institution on a full time course. This visa is flexible and allows the child to study for at least six months in duration.
Why Apply with the Help of AWH
Here at AWH Solicitors we hold a 100 percent success rate for points-based visa applications due to the exceptional service and support provided by our solicitors.
We can help you apply for your Tier 4 Child Visa with ease. Our solicitors will help you make the visa application process as smooth and stress-free as possible, guaranteeing you the highest chances of success.
When to Apply for your Child Visa
You can apply for a visa up to three months before your date of travel to the UK and you would usually get a decision on your visa within three weeks.
The Tier 4 student visa usually lasts for either six or twelve months. After that, you can get extensions for twelve months at a time until your child reaches twelve years of age.
Four months are added to the visa after the end of the course.
Child visa applicants need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- They are aged 17 or under
- They have been accepted on a course of study which is to be provided by an accredited institution which is not a state-maintained school or institution
- They do not intend to study at a state-maintained school or institution
- They intend to leave the UK at the end of six months
- They do not intend to study in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive periods as a short-term student
- They have enough funds to meet the cost of their return or onward journey from the UK
- They will be maintained and accommodated adequately out of funds available to them
- They will not require access to public funds
- They can demonstrate that suitable arrangements have been made for their travel to, and reception and care in the UK
- They have a parent or guardian in their home country or country of habitual residence who is responsible for their care and who confirms that they consent to the arrangements for the applicant’s travel, reception and care in the UK
The maintenance amount depends on the care arrangements to be made for the child.
If the child is to be placed with a UK resident carer the intended carer should have at least £560 per month to look after and accommodate the child for the duration of the course to a maximum of nine months.
Where the child student under 12 years of age is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian they need to demonstrate £1,535 for each month of the duration of the course for a maximum of nine months, plus any outstanding school fees. Each additional child student in the care of the same parent should demonstrate availability of an additional amount of £615 per month to cover living costs.
Child students of 16 or 17 years of age living independently need £920 per month if they are studying in central London, or £715 per month elsewhere.
Child students aged 16 or 17 may demonstrate “established presence” in the UK if they have completed a course that was at least six months long during the previous period of their leave or are applying to continue study on a single course where they have completed six months of that course. These students will only need to demonstrate availability of maintenance funds for two months.
The holder of a Tier 4 Child Visa can not:
- Intend to take up employment, including paid or unpaid work, work placements or work experience in the UK
- Intend to undertake self-employment or engage in business or any professional activities in the UK
- Switch into a different immigration category from a ‘parent of a Tier 4 child visa’ when it expires
- Get public funds
- Make the UK home
- Bring other family members with you on your application - they must apply separately
Documents to provide
When you apply for a Tier 4 child visa you will need to provide:
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation
- Proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course
- Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent
- Proof of permanent home outside the UK
- Proof that you were not last admitted to the UK under the 'Approved Destination Status Agreement with China'
- Proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
- Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
Help with your Tier 4 – Child Visa Application
AWH Solicitors offers immigration advice, guidance and support to applicants of the Tier 4 – child visa, to ensure you the best chances of success.
If you are applying for a child visa, or you are applying for this visa for your child, our solicitors are here to help you.
You can call us today on 0844 414 0667 or request a call back for a time that is better suited to you.
Tier 4 Dependents
Different to the Tier 4 Child visa is the Tier 4 Dependant visa. Someone can be classed a dependant if they are the partner or child of a person applying for a visa.
This person would be known as the main applicant. The main applicant and the dependant must be applying for their visas at the same time.
We hold a 100 percent success rate for points-based visa applications due to the exceptional service and support provided by our solicitors.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute initial consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Additional 30 minutes where consultation runs over||£60 + VAT|
|Initial consultation + advice letter||£300 + VAT|
|Visa checking service(no drafting)||£250 + VAT|
|Extension applications settlement||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Entry clearance fees - out of country|
|Visit Visa||£600 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Employed||£700 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Self Employed||£800 + VAT|
|Dependants (Parent/Relatives)||From £800 + VAT|
What is included:
- Advice on procedures and law
- Completion of the paper and on line application form
- Advice on all documents required to submit with application
- Consider the contents of all documents supplied to submit to the British Embassy and follow up
- Advice on strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Preparation of the covering letter
- Attendances and follow up
|In country applications (extensions)|
|Extension applications for:
||From £800 + VAT|
|Points based system - applications and extensions applications|
||All cases are individually assessed and if additional dependants are placed on application they will be charged seperately.||From £900 + VAT|
|Other Immigration applications|
|Application for transfer of visa into biometrics card||£400 + VAT||Travel document application||£400 + VAT||Entry clearance forms (completion only)||£70 + VAT||Home Office Forms (completion only)||£200 + VAT||Asylum||From £2,000 + VAT||Asylum - fresh claim||£1,200 -£1,500 + VAT|
|Application for British citizenship/children registration||£500 + VAT|
|Employers licence for businesses (online)||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Tier 1 entry clearance (Entrepreneur)||From £2,000 + VAT|
|Tier 1 extension application(Entrepreneur)||From £2,000 + VAT|
|Business audit services||Price available upon request|
|Lodge appeal only||£400 + VAT|
|Lodge appeal and representation||£1,200 - £1,500 + VAT|
|Asylum appeal||£1,500 - £2,000 + VAT|
|Bail application and representation at hearing||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal||From £900 + VAT|
|Review of decision and counsels opinion||£350 + VAT|
Please be aware that cost may differ depending on your personal circumstances.
The consultation fee is discounted at the end of the case if we are instructed.
Our Promise to You
Approachable and friendly solicitors
We are committed to delivering a truly personal service that puts you and your wishes first. Our team will always be on hand to support you, regardless of the time or location.
Award-winning service across our fields of expertise
Our high standards of service are applied consistently across all of our departments. Regardless of your enquiry, you can expect to receive the best legal advice delivered in a sympathetic manner.
Advice tailored to your needs
We take the time to listen to your needs and offer guidance that is best suited to your current situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution when it comes to any area of law; every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our reputation is largely built on the exceptional level of client care we continue to deliver.
Every case is handled with the utmost level of respect and many of our clients have recommended us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent on fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us as we want you to feel confident in our services.
We adhere to providing full transparency on fees, ensuring that you know exactly what you are paying for and keep you updated on the progress of your case along every step of the way.