Tier 4 Dependent Visa
A dependant is the partner or child of the main applicant. The Tier 4 applicant and you, the dependent, must be applying for your visas at the same time.
A partner must be either a spouse or civil partner, and a child must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The child is under the age of 18, and
- The child is financially and emotionally dependent upon the main applicant, and must not be married, living away from home or working full time
Apply for your Visa with AWH Solicitors
At AWH Solicitors we hold a 100 percent success rate for points-based visa applications due to the exceptional service and support provided by our solicitors.
Find out if you are eligible for the Tier 4 dependents visa, and how you can be successful with your application by calling or emailing us today. We are here to support you throughout your complete application process.
As a general principle dependents must meet the following requirements in order to qualify for a visa:
- The dependent must demonstrate the relationship on which the application is based and provide evidence of this relationship, and
- The dependent must provide evidence either that the main applicant has enough funds or income to support the dependent or that the dependent has sufficient funds to support themselves without access to public funds
Holders of the Tier 4 dependents visa are generally subject to the following conditions:
- They will not get access to public funds
- They must show that they are being supported while they are in the UK
- Each dependent must have a certain amount of money available to them in addition to the money they must have for support
The amount of money you need depends on:
- The length of your course
- Where you are studying in the UK
- Whether you have finished a UK course or are currently studying
You must have proof you have the money and that it’s been in your bank account, or the persons bank account you are dependent on, for at least 28 days before the application is filed.
Bio Metric Residence Permit
You will need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre to get a biometric residence permit as part of your application.
Indefinite Leave to Remain
You may be eligible for limited leave to remain or potentially indefinite leave to remain if your parent or partner is settled in the UK.
If your partner or parent is in the UK on a point-based-system visa, such as the Tier 4 General visa, you can apply for limited leave to remain. If your parent or partner has indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you can apply for this also.
For any children applying both parents must be lawfully present in the UK while not in the country on a visitor visa, or they must be granted entry clearance at the same time as the child applicant.
As an exception; if one parent is already in the UK and the other parent is planning on travelling to join together with their children, that other parent must be granted entry clearance at the same time as the children. The children cannot be granted entry clearance before the second parent.
Children with only one surviving parent, or children that are being brought up by only one parent, can apply as a dependent when only that parent is lawfully in the UK or being granted entry clearance.
Criminal Record Certificates
As per the 6th of April 2017 adult partners of point-based-system migrants may need to provide a criminal record certificate for each country they have been present in for a period longer than one year in the ten years prior to the application being submitted.
This would be necessary if the applicant’s occupation is on the following list:
- Public health managers and medical practitioners, including; nurses, midwifes, psychologists, pharmacists, ophthalmic opticians, dental practitioners, medical radiographers, podiatrists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists
- Teaching professionals and education advisers and school inspectors
- Social services managers and directors, social workers, probation officers and welfare professionals
You don’t need to provide criminal records for any period in which you were under the age of 18.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Visit visa applications||From £700 + VAT|
|Entry clearance cases - spouses||From £900 + VAT|
|Extension of visas||From £900 + VAT|
Please be aware that cost may differ depending on your personal circumstances.
The consultation fee is discounted at the end of the case if we are instructed.
Our Promise to You
Approachable and friendly solicitors
We are committed to delivering a truly personal service that puts you and your wishes first. Our team will always be on hand to support you, regardless of the time or location.
Award-winning service across our fields of expertise
Our high standards of service are applied consistently across all of our departments. Regardless of your enquiry, you can expect to receive the best legal advice delivered in a sympathetic manner.
Advice tailored to your needs
We take the time to listen to your needs and offer guidance that is best suited to your current situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution when it comes to any area of law; every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our reputation is largely built on the exceptional level of client care we continue to deliver.
Every case is handled with the utmost level of respect and many of our clients have recommended us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent on fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us as we want you to feel confident in our services.
We adhere to providing full transparency on fees, ensuring that you know exactly what you are paying for and keep you updated on the progress of your case along every step of the way.