Tier 1 – Investor Visa UK
The Tier 1 – investor visa is suitable for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment to the UK.
The applicant has an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and has passed the “life in the UK test”.
Advice and Support from AWH Solicitors
The application process for an investor visa can be complex and lengthy, and even the smallest error can lead to a rejection. With appeals sometimes taking up to 12 months to be reviewed its important for most to get the right decision first time around.
With a 100 percent success rate in point-based visa applications our solicitors have helped many people successfully apply for visas and settlement in the UK.
To find out how we can help you in your specific situation call us today on 0844 414 0667.
The applicant must have or have last been granted entry clearance, leave to enter or remain:
- As a highly skilled migrant
- As a Tier 1 (General) migrant
- As a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant
- As a Tier 1 (Investor) migrant
- As a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant
- As a Tier 2 migrant
- As a Tier 4 (General) student
- As a Tier 4 (Child) student
Additionally, the applicant must:
- Want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
- Be able to prove that the money belongs to either themselves, their spouse or partner
- Be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- Meet all the other eligibility requirements
If you are already in the UK and you are:
- A Tier 4 (General) visa holder
- A student nurse
- Studying, writing up a thesis or re-sitting an exam
- A postgraduate doctor or dentist
- An overseas qualified nurse or midwife
- A student sabbatical officer
You must have an unconditional agreement in writing from your financial sponsor to re-enter or stay in the UK if your course fees and living costs were paid by either: a government or an international scholarship agency.
Documents to provide
When you apply you will need to provide:
- A current passport or other valid travel identification
- Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- A criminal record certificate from any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last ten years
- How much money you have and where it is being held
- Where the money came from if you haven’t had the money for at least three months, for example if you inherited it from a relative
- That the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling if it’s not already in the UK
- A certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term relationship for at least two years
- A statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK
- A letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid
Breach of immigration laws
The applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws.
The Secretary of State must not have reasonable grounds to believe that the finance has been acquired by means of conduct which is unlawful in the UK, or would constitute unlawful conduct if it occurred in the UK or that approval of the application would not be conducive to the public good.
During your time in the UK on a Tier 1 investor visa you must abide by the following restrictions:
- You cannot access public funds
- You may need to register with the police if this is required by paragraph 326 of these Rules
- You are not allowed to work as a doctor or dentist in training unless the further requirements are met
- Your investment visa may be revoked if you have not invested within three months from date of entry
- Your application will not be considered unless you pay for (“IHS”) the healthcare surcharge with your application
Applying for your Tier 1 Investor Visa
You can apply for your investor visa from both inside and outside the UK if you meet the eligibility requirements and you have at least £2,000,000 in investment funds available before you apply.
However, the application for a tier 1 investor visa can be a complex and time consuming process.
Expert Immigration Solicitors
To ensure yourself the best chances of your visa application being successful contact our expert immigration solicitors today.
They can guide you throughout the application process and take away the hassle and stress of applying for the Tier 1 investor visa.
With our solicitors holding a 100 success rate on point-based visa applications you can be rest assured you are in the best hands.
Settling in the UK after your Investor Visa
You may be able to apply for settlement in the UK when your investor visa is going to expire. You can generally apply for indefinite leave to remain after five years of living in the UK, however, for holders of the Tier 1 investor visa there are exceptions.
If you invested £10,000,000 or more you may be able to apply for settlement after just two years of living in the UK, or after three years if you invested between £5,000,000 and £10,000,000.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Visit visa applications||From £700 + VAT|
|Entry clearance cases - spouses||From £900 + VAT|
|Extension of visas||From £900 + VAT|
Please be aware that cost may differ depending on your personal circumstances.
The consultation fee is discounted at the end of the case if we are instructed.
Our Promise to You
Approachable and friendly solicitors
We are committed to delivering a truly personal service that puts you and your wishes first. Our team will always be on hand to support you, regardless of the time or location.
Award-winning service across our fields of expertise
Our high standards of service are applied consistently across all of our departments. Regardless of your enquiry, you can expect to receive the best legal advice delivered in a sympathetic manner.
Advice tailored to your needs
We take the time to listen to your needs and offer guidance that is best suited to your current situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution when it comes to any area of law; every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our reputation is largely built on the exceptional level of client care we continue to deliver.
Every case is handled with the utmost level of respect and many of our clients have recommended us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent on fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us as we want you to feel confident in our services.
We adhere to providing full transparency on fees, ensuring that you know exactly what you are paying for and keep you updated on the progress of your case along every step of the way.