Tier 1 investor visa UK
The Tier 1 investor visa is designed to allow high net worth individuals to visit the UK in order to make large financial investments. You can apply for an investor visa from both inside and outside the UK if you meet the eligibility requirements and have at least £2,000,000 ready to invest.Get in touch
Applying for your Tier 1 investor visa
As well as having a high net worth, you also need to have a minimum English language qualification to apply for a Tier 1 investor visa. Applicants must have a B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and have passed the Life in the UK test.
Tier 1 investor visa applications can be complex and time-consuming, which is why we are here for you. We can offer the expert advice you need to make sure the process is as quick, painless and successful as possible.
Permanently settling in the UK after your investor visa expires
You may be able to apply for settlement in the UK when your investor visa is about to expire.
You can generally apply for indefinite leave to remain after five years of living in the UK. However, there are exceptions that may apply to you as an investor.
If you have invested £10,000,000 or more in the UK you may be able to apply for settlement after just two years of living in the UK. Or after three years if you invest between £5,000,000 and £10,000,000.
All the advice and support you need
The application process for an investor visa can be complex and lengthy, and even the smallest error can lead to an automatic rejection.
With appeals sometimes taking up to 12 months to be reviewed it’s essential for most applicants to get everything right the first time around.
With a 100 per cent success rate in points-based visa applications our solicitors have helped many people successfully apply for visas and settlement in the UK.
To find out how we can help in your specific situation to apply for an investor visa, call us today or let us know a good time to call you back.
In order to qualify you need to satisfy certain general requirements. You should have last been granted entry clearance, leave to enter or remain, either:
- As a highly skilled migrant
- As a Tier 1 (General) migrant
- As a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant
- As a Tier 1 (Investor) migrant
- As a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant
- As a Tier 2 migrant
- As a Tier 4 (General) student
- As a Tier 4 (Child) student
You also need to:
- Want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
- Be able to prove that the money belongs to you, yourself or your partner
- Be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- Meet all the other eligibility requirements
If you are already in the UK and you are:
- A Tier 4 (General) visa holder
- A student nurse
- Studying, writing up a thesis or re-sitting an exam
- A postgraduate doctor or dentist
- An overseas qualified nurse or midwife
- A student sabbatical officer
You must have an unconditional agreement in writing from your financial sponsor to re-enter or stay in the UK if your course fees and living costs are being paid by either:
- A government
- An international scholarship agency
Documents you need to provide
When you apply you need to provide:
- A current passport or other valid travel identification
- Your tuberculosis test results, (if required)
- A criminal record certificate from any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last ten years
- How much money you have and where it is being held
- Proof of where the money came from, if you haven’t had the money for at least three months (for example, if you inherited it from a relative)
- Proof that the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling, if it’s not already in the UK
- A certificate of marriage or civil partnership. Or, in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term relationship for at least two years
- A statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK
- A letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid
Whilst in the UK on a Tier 1 investor visa, you need to abide by the following restrictions:
- You cannot access public funds
- You may need to register with the police if required
- You are not allowed to work as a doctor or dentist in training, unless the further requirements are met
- If you don’t invest your funds within three months of entering the country, your investment visa may be revoked
- Your application will not be considered unless you pay for the healthcare surcharge (IHS) when you apply
To be successful in your application the Secretary of State must not have any reason to believe your funds for investment have been acquired in a way that is considered to be ‘inappropriate’. You cannot use funds obtained in a way that would be unlawful in the UK, or would constitute unlawful conduct if it occurred in the UK. You may also be refused if the Secretary of State believes that approval of your visa application would not be in the public’s best interest.
Expert immigration solicitors for investors
To give yourself the best chance of a smooth and successful experience, speak to our expert immigration solicitors today.
We can guide you through the application process with ease and take away the hassle and stress involved.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute initial consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Additional 30 minutes where consultation runs over||£60 + VAT|
|Initial consultation + advice letter||£300 + VAT|
|Visa checking service(no drafting)||£250 + VAT|
|Extension applications settlement||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Entry clearance fees - out of country|
|Visit Visa||£600 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Employed||£700 + VAT|
|Spouse Visa||Sponsor Self Employed||£800 + VAT|
|Dependants (Parent/Relatives)||From £800 + VAT|
What is included:
- Advice on procedures and law
- Completion of the paper and on line application form
- Advice on all documents required to submit with application
- Consider the contents of all documents supplied to submit to the British Embassy and follow up
- Advice on strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Preparation of the covering letter
- Attendances and follow up
|In country applications (extensions)|
|Extension applications for:
||From £800 + VAT|
|Points based system - applications and extensions applications|
||All cases are individually assessed and if additional dependants are placed on application they will be charged seperately.||From £900 + VAT|
|Other Immigration applications|
|Application for transfer of visa into biometrics card||£400 + VAT||Travel document application||£400 + VAT||Entry clearance forms (completion only)||£70 + VAT||Home Office Forms (completion only)||£200 + VAT||Asylum||From £2,000 + VAT||Asylum - fresh claim||£1,200 -£1,500 + VAT|
|Application for British citizenship/children registration||£500 + VAT|
|Employers licence for businesses (online)||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Tier 1 entry clearance (Entrepreneur)||From £2,000 + VAT|
|Tier 1 extension application(Entrepreneur)||From £2,000 + VAT|
|Business audit services||Price available upon request|
|Lodge appeal only||£400 + VAT|
|Lodge appeal and representation||£1,200 - £1,500 + VAT|
|Asylum appeal||£1,500 - £2,000 + VAT|
|Bail application and representation at hearing||From £1,000 + VAT|
|Application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal||From £900 + VAT|
|Review of decision and counsels opinion||£350 + VAT|
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
What our clients are saying about us
Very pleased with how fast my claim was settled. Very nice people always at the end of the phone when i wanted to ask questions on my.claim. would deffo use this company again. Matthew was brill very friendly and reliable.
Very pleased with the service I have received, communication has been maintained throughout. Happy with the outcome of my case.
It's always been a pleasant experience using their services. I felt highly comfortable and confident whenever they dealt with my cases in terms of correspondence, communication and performance. I highly regard their services.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.