A transit visitor is a person who seeks to travel via the UK en route to another destination country outside the common travel area.
Individuals seeking to transit the UK without passing through the UK border may need a Direct Airside Transit Visa as they will be changing flights in the UK and won’t be going through UK border control.
A visa national must either hold a transit visit visa or, if they meet the requirements for admission under the transit without visa scheme in V 7.6 – V 7.8, they may seek ‘leave to enter’ at the UK border.
To be able to travel to the UK on a visit visa you must meet certain minimum requirements.
To apply for a transit visa you must be:
- In transit to another country with enough funds and the intention to travel on, and
- Be able to prove you can enter that country, and
- Be able to show that the only purpose of your visit to the UK is transit
Evidence to provide in support of your application
An applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they:
- Are genuinely in transit to another country outside the common travel area, meaning the main purpose of their visit is to transit the UK and that the applicant is taking a reasonable transit route, and
- Will not access public funds or medical treatment, work or study in the UK, and
- Genuinely intend and are able to leave the UK within 48 hours after their arrival, and
- Are assured entry to their country of destination and any other countries they are transiting on their way there
Long-Term Visit Visa
You can also apply for a long-term visit visa if you can prove you need to pass through the UK in transit regularly over a longer period.
You can stay for a maximum of 48 hours on each visit and your visa can last for one, two, five or ten years.
To be able to get a long-term visit visa you must meet certain minimum requirements. You must be able to prove that:
- You have a frequent and ongoing need to pass through the UK in transit, and
- The reason for your need to pass through the UK is unlikely to change significantly while the visa is valid, and
- You plan to leave the UK at the end of each transit
Providing Evidence to Support Your Application
For any visa application you will need to provide evidence to support the statements you have made in that application. Documents that you will need to provide in support of your long-term visit visa application are:
- Current passport
- Evidence that you are assured entry into the country you are travelling onto, such as a residence permit, green card or visa
- Evidence that your onward journey from the UK has been booked and confirmed
If you are not a national or resident of the country of destination, you may wish to provide evidence of reason for travel, such as a holiday booking confirmation.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Visit visa applications||From £700 + VAT|
|Entry clearance cases - spouses||From £900 + VAT|
|Extension of visas||From £900 + VAT|
Please be aware that cost may differ depending on your personal circumstances.
The consultation fee is discounted at the end of the case if we are instructed.
Our Promise to You
Approachable and friendly solicitors
We are committed to delivering a truly personal service that puts you and your wishes first. Our team will always be on hand to support you, regardless of the time or location.
Award-winning service across our fields of expertise
Our high standards of service are applied consistently across all of our departments. Regardless of your enquiry, you can expect to receive the best legal advice delivered in a sympathetic manner.
Advice tailored to your needs
We take the time to listen to your needs and offer guidance that is best suited to your current situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution when it comes to any area of law; every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our reputation is largely built on the exceptional level of client care we continue to deliver.
Every case is handled with the utmost level of respect and many of our clients have recommended us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent on fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us as we want you to feel confident in our services.
We adhere to providing full transparency on fees, ensuring that you know exactly what you are paying for and keep you updated on the progress of your case along every step of the way.