Standard Visitor Visa
If you are wishing to visit the UK you may need to apply for a standard visitor visa.
This type of visa can be suitable if you are deciding to come to the UK for leisure, business or even to receive private medical treatment.
The standard visitor visa has now replaced the following visa categories:
- Family visitor visa
- General visitor visa
- Child visitor visa
- Business visitor visa
- Sports visitor visa
- Entertainer visitor visa
- Prospective entrepreneur visa
- Private medical treatment visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
If you wish to come to the UK for one of the above reasons then you will need to apply for a standard visit visa, which is usually valid for six months.
The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant will leave the UK at the end of their visit. The visitor will not:
- Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits
- Make the UK their main home
- Undertake any prohibited activities
The visitor must also have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds.
This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment.
Financial and maintenance requirements
A visitor must be able to prove that they are able to support themselves and any of their dependants during travel.
However, maintenance and accommodation may be provided by a third party. The third party would in this case be called a “sponsor”.
Relationship with the sponsor
The decision maker needs to be satisfied that the sponsor and applicant have a genuine professional or personal relationship.
Furthermore the sponsor cannot be in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of the decision or the visitor’s entry to the UK may be denied.
Undertaking in writing
The sponsor may be asked to give an undertaking in writing guaranteeing they have taken on the responsibility for the applicant’s maintenance and accommodation.
An applicant will normally be refused their visa if they fail to provide this undertaking in cases where they are asked to provide this documentation.
Documents to provide
When you apply for a standard or long term visitor visa you will need to provide:
- Your passport
- Evidence that you can support yourself during your trip e.g.
- Bank statements to explain source of cash deposits
- Money transfer receipts confirming money sent from the UK to you if applicable
- Details of where you intend to stay as well as any travel plans
- Statement of what you intend to do in the UK
- Details of all your family members in the UK
- Accommodation details
- Provisional itinerary
- Exchange of emails and messages discussing plans
- Details of commitments in the country you are travelling from e.g.
- Proof of residence
- Employment details including contracts and terms of employment
- Pay slips
- Family make up and personal circumstances
If you are being sponsored, then the sponsor needs to provide:
- Proof of relationship
- Sponsorship declaration
- Three months of bank statements
If the visit visa is granted the following restrictions will apply. The applicant must not:
- Intend to work in the UK
- Receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK - exceptions do apply
- Intend to study in the UK - exceptions do apply
- Intend to access medical treatment other than private medical treatment or to donate an organ
- Must not intend to marry or form a civil partnership unless they have a visit visa endorsed for marriage or civil partnership
- Access public funds
If You are Applying for a Long-Term Visit Visa
If you are applying for a long-term visit visa you must prove that:
- You have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK, and
- The reason why you need to come to the UK is unlikely to change while your visitor visa is valid, and
- You plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit
You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you do not provide this evidence.
Refunds and Cancelations
You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or if your application is refused.
Your visa may be cancelled and you may get a long-term ban on visiting if your travel history shows you are repeatedly living in the UK for extended periods.
If a Visa is Refused
If the decision maker decides to refuse the application then the applicant will have to make a fresh visit visa application.
You will not be able to appeal a decision made on visit visas.
Due to the large amount of services and the complexity of each case we cannot provide any standardised fees without knowing a little bit more about your situation.
However, if you get in touch with us we can discuss in detail what charges you can suspect and what fees we will charge.
Full transparency at all times
We aspire to be completely transparent on pricing from the beginning, so none of our clients will ever be surprised at the end of the process.
Furthermore, we believe advice and support from our team of solicitors should be affordable to those in need.
This is why we provide competitive prices across our range of services.
|Immigration solicitor fees|
|30 minute consultation||£60 + VAT|
|Visit visa applications||From £700 + VAT|
|Entry clearance cases - spouses||From £900 + VAT|
|Extension of visas||From £900 + VAT|
Please be aware that cost may differ depending on your personal circumstances.
The consultation fee is discounted at the end of the case if we are instructed.
Our Promise to You
Approachable and friendly solicitors
We are committed to delivering a truly personal service that puts you and your wishes first. Our team will always be on hand to support you, regardless of the time or location.
Award-winning service across our fields of expertise
Our high standards of service are applied consistently across all of our departments. Regardless of your enquiry, you can expect to receive the best legal advice delivered in a sympathetic manner.
Advice tailored to your needs
We take the time to listen to your needs and offer guidance that is best suited to your current situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution when it comes to any area of law; every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our reputation is largely built on the exceptional level of client care we continue to deliver.
Every case is handled with the utmost level of respect and many of our clients have recommended us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent on fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us as we want you to feel confident in our services.
We adhere to providing full transparency on fees, ensuring that you know exactly what you are paying for and keep you updated on the progress of your case along every step of the way.