Accident At Work Compensation Claim Solicitors
Being injured at work is always distressing, but we can offer you expert legal advice to get you the compensation that you need to get back on your feet.
What is defined as an accident at work?
Work injuries can include a wide range of scenarios. Some common workplace accidents that we have dealt with include:
- Back injuries sustained in the workplace
- Injuries due to machinery in the workplace
- Slips, Trips and Falls in the workplace
- Chemical spillage accidents in the workplace
What should you do if you have been injured in an accident at work?
If you have been injured in an accident at work, there are some steps that you can take that will help you later in the process. Having records of your accident will assist you in making a claim for compensation or being able to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). If the workplace environment in which you had your accident has more than 10 employees, then it must legally be recorded in the accident book. It is also advisable to:
- Take photographs of your injury, whatever caused your accident and where the accident occurred
- Make notes about the details of your accident as soon as possible – you can also include drawings if they’ll help show you what happened
- Ask any witnesses to the accident to also record what they saw and share it with you
There are slightly different regulations for workplace accidents depending on whether you work in the location where your accident occurred, or you are self-employed and just a visitor to the place in which your accident occurred. You must report it to either the Health and Safety Executive, or the manager who was working when you had your accident.
Duty of Care in the Workplace
During the process of an injury at work claim, you will have to prove that the employer who was responsible for upholding the duty of care in their workplace failed to do so. It is an employer’s duty to protect the health and safety of their employees or anyone who would be impacted by the standards of their business. In any workplace, the duty of care includes:
- Ensuring that employees and any others are reasonably protected from anything that may cause harm, effectively controlling any risks to injury or health that could arise in the workplace.
- Carrying out risk assessments to minimise risk to health and safety as much as possible
- Giving employees information about the risks in the workplace and how they are protected
- Giving employees full training, including in manual handling if that is applicable to their role.
- Consulting employees about health and safety issues – this may be either through a safety representative who has been elected by the workforce or appointed by a trade union.
Get in touch
If you have been injured in an accident at work, then our expert solicitors can help you to get the compensation that you need.
Get in touch today for expert help and advice.Get in touch
How long to claim for accident at work?
You have three years from the date of the accident or incident in which to make a claim.
How do I claim for an accident at work?
Getting in touch with our specialist solicitors will allow you to start your claim as soon as possible.
Can I claim compensation for an accident at work?
If you have had an accident at work due to the negligence of your employer, then you can likely make a claim for compensation.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
What our clients are saying about us
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total transparency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.