Claiming compensation for accidents in public places
A public place is legally defined as an indoor or outdoor area which the public has access to. Public places can be publicly or privately owned.
You should be able to feel safe at all times in a public place and only concern yourself with obvious hazards. You shouldn’t have to anticipate threats from unexpected places, such as a pothole in your path or black ice on a pavement.
If you are injured due to poor maintenance in a public place, you could be able to claim compensation to help you recover.
Liability for accidents in public places
Public places are generally maintained by the local authorities or city council. Which means liability for accidents often falls on those authorities.
Our experts can help determine quickly who is to blame for your accident and whether you have a claim.
Why claim compensation
An accident in a public place may result in some painful bruising and a ruined day, but often the results are much worse. More serious injuries can have life-altering consequences, taking weeks or even months to heal. You can be left unable to work or go about your life as normal.
If you have had an accident in a public place due to the negligence of the authority owning the property or land, compensation will help you move forward with your life.
Our approach to personal injury claims
As an experienced team of dedicated personal injury solicitors, we have the drive and sensitivity to see you through. Compensation can’t undo the damage, but we believe it can help you to carry on with your life as normally as possible.
We often work with clients who have been injured in a public place, so we have the expertise you need to claim compensation for your injuries.
Types of accidents we have claimed for
There are many types of accidents that can occur in public places. Our team of personal injury solicitors have experience helping clients whose injuries have been sustained in all manner of different ways:
- Tripping over potholes or uneven paving slabs
- Slipping on wet floors where hazard signs had not been provided
- Slipping or skidding as a driver or pedestrian on icy roads or pavements when adequate grit or signs are not present
- Falls or collisions due to poor or faulty lighting
- Falling over wire which should have been correctly covered or cleared
- Falling from an unstable or poorly maintained platform or playground equipment
If you’re not sure whether your accident is suitable for a claim, get in touch with one of our personal injury experts for bespoke advice.
What compensation covers
When you suffer from an injury that wasn’t your fault, you can feel helpless. Recovery and rehabilitation can be traumatic and extensive.
Compensation awarded for an accident in a public place not only covers any associated costs, it reduces the impact of the accident on your life.
The amount of compensation you could get takes into account:
- The extent of your physical or psychological damage
- The cost of care and support services since the accident
- Your loss of earnings from time off work
- Any future loss of income
- Costs for any home or car adaptations
- Changes to your working ability – can you continue with your job as normal?
How we can help
If your local authority has failed to keep you safe, we’ll make sure they are held accountable. After listening to what happened and how you’ve been affected, your dedicated case handler will talk you through the options you have.
We learn to understand your needs and take as much away from you as possible, so you can focus on your recovery.
Our commitment to excellence
Our commitment to outstanding customer service and empathetic support allows you to trust that we will be doing everything we can to get the compensation you deserve.
To discuss your case and start your claim for an accident in a public place, get in touch with our expert solicitors today.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
What our clients are saying about us
Very efficient firm. You have handled my case’s impeccably. My advisor, Charlotte, has been 100% professional and efficient.
You were the third solicitor firm who handled my claim. Things were going at a pedantic rate but your file handles Craig Johnson kept me informed and advised me whenever! The claim took over 3 years from start to finish but Craig worked on it in good time.
She saw to every little detail and made sure I was reassured every step of the way. She showed me empathy and always went the extra mile.
Our Promise to You
- Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
- Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
- Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
- Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
- Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.