Vaginal Mesh Claims
If you have suffered from complications because of a vaginal mesh implant, then you could be entitled to vaginal mesh compensation for the pain and discomfort that you have suffered. Here at AWH, we understand that incorrect vaginal mesh or TVT (Transvaginal tape) implants have the potential to cause a great deal of day to day suffering and have a major impact on your overall quality of life. With our vaginal mesh claims expert assistance and the right pelvic mesh legal advice, we can help you on the road to recovery.
What is Vaginal Mesh?
Vaginal mesh is most commonly used to treat a condition called pelvic organ prolapse (POP). It can be experienced for a number of different medical reasons, although it most commonly occurs in women after they have had children or a hysterectomy. It is a result of the naturally supportive structure of the vagina and pelvic floor deteriorating. This then leads to organs such as the bladder and bowel moving from the correct position into or even outside of the vagina. A common treatment for this is the usage of Transvaginal Tape (TVT). This is permanently implanted to reinforce the weakened vaginal wall or support the urethra or bladder neck. During the procedure, doctors surgically place the mesh through the vagina or the abdomen. The mesh is now understood to have potential to break apart in the body, cutting through the vaginal wall in some cases, causing the painful ‘cheese-wire’ effect. Additionally, some of the known complications include:
- Chronic pain, especially in the abdomen and pelvic areas;
- Difficulty or inability to walk;
- Bladder perforation;
- Bladder infection;
- Vaginal erosion or scarring;
- Bowel and nerve trauma;
- Mesh erosion or protrusion.
If you have suffered from vaginal mesh issues, then you may be able to claim compensation for your medical injury.
Can you claim vaginal mesh compensation?
If you have undergone treatment that included vaginal mesh implants after June 2015 and you were never fully informed of the risks, then you may be able to claim compensation for your suffering. If any of the following criteria applies to you, then you can seek help from our specialists.
Get in touch if:
- You feel that you didn’t receive enough information about the risks of the mesh implant prior to your surgery
- You were not made aware that the implant would be permanently in your body
- You were not offered a consultation prior to the procedure, or were not given enough time prior to the procedure to consider the pros and cons
- You were disappointed with the standard of surgery that you received
- You sought healthcare on one or multiple occasions after your surgery, as a result of the implant, and were not dealt with appropriately
- Your subsequent complaints were ignored by healthcare staff
- You have had to have revision surgery to repair the damage caused by your mesh implant
- You were not offered any other alternatives to vaginal mesh implants prior to surgery, such as pessaries, surgery without mesh or pelvic floor therapy
How We Can Help You
Here at AWH, we can advise and support you if you have suffered injury from an incorrect vaginal mesh procedure. We understand how it can impact your life in a multitude of ways and want to help you get back to feeling good.
Get in touch today for help and advice.
- What are vaginal mesh implants?
Vaginal mesh implants are commonly used to treat a condition called pelvic organ prolapse (POP). It can be experienced for a number of different medical reasons, although it most commonly occurs in women after they have had children or a hysterectomy.
- How can I claim for vaginal mesh implant negligence?
With the help of our highly experienced solicitors, you can claim for vaginal mesh implant negligence if you had your treatment after June 2015 and were never fully informed of the risks. Get in touch today to begin your claim.
- Can I make a claim on behalf of someone?
If a loved one has been so seriously injured by an incorrect vaginal mesh procedure that it may have even resulted in their death, then you may be able to make a claim in their name. This may be a more complicated procedure, so it is important to have the support of an experienced solicitor to guide you through the process.
- How do I fund my claim?
If you are advised that you have a legitimate claim to pursue, then there are a number of different ways in which you may be able to fund your claim. If you hold certain types of insurance, then you may be able to cover the legal costs under this. If not, a no win no fee agreement may be possible for you. Seeking the advice of our experts will help you to know where you stand and what help is available to you.
- What is the claim procedure?
The first step in the claim procedure involves a consultation with one of our specialist solicitors. If they believe that you may have a legitimate claim, then they will start the process of collecting the evidence to present your case. If the case is strong enough, this will then lead to a letter of claim being sent to the defendant. They will then have four months to provide a letter of response to the allegations. If they do not admit to them, then court proceedings may then be issued. We can help you through every possible step of the claim procedure.
Starting the process couldn’t be more simple!
- Contact us Get in touch however suits you best and arrange a consulation with one of our solicitors
- Meet an expert You’ll meet the expert solicitor assigned to your case and discuss all the necessary details
- Authorise Once we’ve got all the details of your case and you’re happy to proceed, just give us the go-ahead
- We get to work It’s time for us to get to work! We’ll set up your file on our system and get to work right away
What our clients are saying about us
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total transparency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.