Head of Industrial Disease Department
- Legal Practice Course at Chester College of Law
- Law Degree from Staffordshire University (LLB Honours)
- Industrial Disease
I trained to become a solicitor at Davis Blank Furniss in Manchester. The firm was founded in 1877 and was very traditional in approach but always focussed on putting the client first. It provided me with an excellent grounding and foundation for my legal career.
I joined Roberts Jackson Solicitors in 2009 and became an equity partner and executive director operating in a private equity backed law firm in 2014.
I became compliance officer for legal practice and for finance and administration in the firm in 2018. On 28th September 2018 Roberts Jackson merged with AWH Solicitors.
I am an expert in the field of industrial disease litigation, I am a dynamic, enthusiastic and commercially minded business leader with a passion for the law, people development and engagement.
I take a proactive and hands on approach to handling industrial disease claims and I lead and encourage my team to do the same.
I am passionate about supporting and developing the team which I lead to ensure proper access to justice is gained for vulnerable clients.
I am also extremely passionate about access to justice for lawyers gaining entry into the profession and I am committed to providing a supportive environment for my team.
My parents encouraged me to aim high and to find a career that I love.
I feel very privileged to work in a sector where I have the opportunity to represent some of the most vulnerable people in society and to make a difference to their lives.
- The Legal 500 - "Lorna McGlone understands her clients’ needs and is compassionate without ever losing sight of the end goal of justice for the claimant"
- Spending fun-filled weekends with my family
- Traveling - to broaden the mind
- Settling an occupational asthma claim for a group of vulnerable workers who had become sensitised to cement products; they had been suffering in silence for a period of 15 years.
- Representing a school caretaker who became severely debilitated through lifting heavy objects at work over a period of 10 years whilst undertaking his daily duties.
- Career highlights – growing Roberts Jackson from a start-up business in 2009 to becoming the marker leader in industrial disease recognised nationally as the go-to firm.
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.