- Cambridge University – Economics BA
- College of Law, Manchester - Graduate Diploma in Law
- College of Law, Manchester – Legal Practice Course
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Road Traffic Accident Claims
- Credit Hire Claims
I qualified as a solicitor in 2016 and have extensive experience in civil litigation, including handling multi-track claims valued at more than £100,000.
I am experienced in making, opposing and conducting telephone hearings for a wide range of different court applications, including for pre-action disclosure, substituted service, relief from sanctions, interim payments, specific disclosure, to strike out the opponent’s statement of case, resile from liability admissions, and to set aside judgment.
I am known to provide clear and comprehensive communication, and to make the civil litigation process as easy as possible for my clients. I am also fluent in conversational Chinese (Mandarin).
- Being successful at trial on a credit hire case where the hired vehicle was (unknown to the claimant) not actually insured to be hired out to the claimant. The defendant raised illegality as an issue. However we successfully argued that, when considering the seriousness of the conduct, centrality to the hire agreement, intentionality, whether there was a marked disparity in the parties’ respective culpability, and the principles of restitution, the claimant should not be prevented from being able to recover the credit hire charges from the defendant. The claimant was awarded the sum of £17,686 in respect of damages, plus interest, plus an uplift of 10% from beating their own Part 36 offer at trial. The net result of this was that the sum of £17,340.78 was recovered in respect of the credit hire element of the claim, where the total hire charges claimed had only been £14,742.00.
- Settling a road traffic accident where the claimant suffered a financial loss from having to take an early retirement as a result of his injuries. The claimant was an employee of Royal Mail, and also a passenger in a Royal Mail vehicle at the time of the accident. The driver of the Royal Mail vehicle was at fault for the accident. Although the actual effect of the claimant’s accident-related injuries on his ability to work was complicated by the fact that he also had unrelated constitutional conditions which also affected his ability to work, we achieved a settlement of £25,035.55 for the claimant (inclusive of deductible CRU benefits) in respect of his personal injury and loss of earnings claim, representing a good outcome for the claimant.
Read what other clients have said about working with Tom:
Special thanks to Tom Xu and teamKept informed of progress, nothing too much trouble – your all stars. Always professional, friendly, helpful. Rita
View our most recent cases handled by Tom:
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.