- BPP Law School, Manchester
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- Oulder Hill Sixth Form
- Oulder Hill Community School
- Personal Injury
- Industrial Disease
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss Claims
- Road Traffic Accident Claims
- Employers' Liability/Public Liability Claims
- Criminal Injury Claims
- Football – Manchester United fan
- Outdoor activities
- I was able to challenge the much used case of Pascoe v Ministry of Defence (2013) – defendant solicitors regularly use to argue that losses at 6kHz, in absence of losses at 4kHz was not diagnostic of NIHL. In my case of Derek Reay –v- Schlumberger Flow Measurement Limited (2017) which we won at trial, we were successful in arguing that losses at 6kHz alone is indeed diagnostic of noise induced hearing loss. The defendants sough to rely upon the oral evidence of Professor Lutman (one of the co-authors) of the literature used by all representatives in the field of noise induced hearing loss whose evidence was not preferred over our medical expert Mr Ian Johnson.
- Successfully obtained redacted disclosure from defendant solicitors despite them arguing the redactions were GDPR compliant and redacted due to data protection amongst many other factors. Able to convince the courts that this was not correct in which the judge stated that ‘it is at the height of arrogance for the defendants to decide what they should or should not disclose’
- Successfully obtained specific disclosure of documents from the defendants in an noise induced hearing loss case which included ‘Inception of the insurance policy document/s for the defendants along with all term of conditions attached to the insurance policy documents’, which is very uncommon to come across.
- Multiple wins on obtaining correctly signed list of documents when defendant argued there is no one to sign these for a dissolved companies
View our most recent cases handled by Umar:
Our Promise to You
Friendly, personal legal services
We promise that our approachable solicitors will provide you with a genuinely personal service that puts your needs first. Our team of experts are always on hand to give you support when you need it.
Award-winning service in our fields of expertise
We pride ourselves in offering the highest standards of service across each of our legal departments. Regardless of your situation, we promise to provide you with the very best legal advice.
Advice tailored to your needs
We promise to listen to your needs and offer the right guidance for your situation.
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution in any area of the law. Every case requires a tailored approach and you deserve a solicitor who understands this.
Outstanding customer service and care
Our excellent reputation is built on our exceptional level of client care.
Every case is handled with the highest level of respect and many of our clients go on to recommend us after building an invaluable relationship with our solicitors.
Transparent fees and processes
Transparency is very important to us. We promise to provide you with total Transparencyrency on fees, so you know exactly what you are paying for. We’ll also make sure you’re kept updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Get in touch
Let us know how AWH Solicitors can help you by providing us with your details in the form below.
Please let us know when you want to be contacted so we can get in touch with you at a time that suits you best.